Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Pura Vida!

Hey everyone! 

Still loving it here in Costa Rica! Another week of adventures but I think I have an angel watching over me. We had a Baptism so let me start off with that! 

So Saturday was the date for our investigator Jonathan to get Baptised. All was going well we didn't get robbed. Seriously great day. We turned the font on at 1:40 after lunch cause it takes like 3 hours to fill and we left and went to teach. We taught my favorite investigator and the went and checked on some others then we went to a baby shower for another one of our investigators which was fun as well. We played baby games and I got given a giant plate full of carbs that I had to eat. yay... but it was all good until we realized the font was still on. We kept trying to leave but it is so hard to leave people's house. They just want you to stay forever!! so we finally got out of there sprinted like crazy to flag down a taxi. My companion totally slipped on the gravel and almost died. We ran all the way into the church to turn of the font so we didn't flood the church and we got there and the water was off. The water was all the way up to the top step with just a little spilling into the bathroom but it was off. President happened to be waiting outside and when we went looking for a bucket we saw him and let him in. He took one look at the font and said who turned it off? We thought he did but he doesn't have any keys and we had the keys of the Elders so it wasn't them and no one else was in the church on a saturday. President takes one more look and says An Angel turned it off. And honestly it had to be. Since then I have heard 4 stories of missionaries who have flooded the church. But our water just stopped... Crazy right. well we had 30 min till the baptism and too much water so we spent 30 min using trash cans to dump the water down drains or the sink or the toilet. Absolutely crazy and we were soaking wet too. Good thing that in Costa Rica 6 really means 6:30 so we had extra time to clean and everything went great. 

Another fun part of the week is I had to go get my Visa Stuff taken Care of so we had to go to the office for that on Thursday. I showed up and guess who was there... Elder Winders Elder Gibby and Elder Jones! The Fam was back together! Except Hermana Soe and I'm not sure why. But it was a blast we got to go stand in a ton of lines and I got to hear about all the adventures of their areas it was  seriously awesome. Then we also had to have an interview in spanish about random things. Let me tell you that was hilarious. I had no Idea what was going on it was awesome. But I do remember he was drinking some nasty juice and he told me it was cucumbers and that it sucked. But I'm like it's good for the body right? and hes like yeah super good. And the rest of the questions about legal stuff I just blocked it all out. Cause it was hard haha. But I think I said the right stuff cause they took my fingerprints and I left! 

okay 1 more story. So My companion is the new STL for our zone which means she always has to check on the other sisters and we have to do divisions like every week. So this week a sister was having a really hard time which means I get to go to a different area with a new Companion! Yayy. Actually turned out super well. I didnt really know what was going on have the time but I just opened my mouth when she looked at me and spanish came out. Honestly I dont even know what I said, but she told my companion that I was awesome and that our lessons were super spiritual. So like the Gift of Tongues is real. Cause I can´t even tell you what I said that day but it was what some other people needed to hear and I was able to help in spanish! So that was a really good day. Then after that we were running home because we were late. On the way home I stepped on some cement covering of their draining system and it broke under me. I seriously thought I almosted died. But I kept running and I wasnt hurt anywhere.  Aparently that is how another sister broke her foot and had to go home for 3 months. Crazy I didnt even have a scratch. Angels  man Im telling you they are real.

Basically this week has been crazy and I cant even tell you the half of it. I do know that God anwsers all of our prayers no matter how dumb you think they are. He cares. I know God knows all of us personally and he has a specially plan for each of us. Filled with trials specific to what we can handle. If we reley on him through it all our trials wont disapear. But he will strengheth you and make your burdens Light. I can promise you that with all my heart. Thank you for all the letters and prayers. I love you guys. Heres my scripture of the week for ya. 

side notes:

We got a new Elder. Elder Ellis from Honduras. Super cool. Also The dogs I named still have there names and we are going to start teaching their owner Anna! Whoop Whoop! 

“And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.” Ether 12:27


Be Strong. I love yo all 
Hermana Freeze 









No comments:

Post a Comment