Saturday, August 27, 2016

Semana de Sacrificio

Well We had a good week. I really learned alot this week about my potential if I really push myself. Also I learned More about the power of prayer and Fasting. These basic principles of the gospel are key to our understanding and Spiritual Growth. If you dont have a testimony of Prayer and Fasting I invite you to start now. Because that should be the base of your faith in christ. Prayer and FAsting is our relationship with our heavenly father.

Anyways In Costa Rica there is two missions. West and east. Im from the best side. The east side for sure. And we have the best mission prez in the world hes super chill and we all work hard and learn to life the higher law the Jesus taught, not the law of moses. The other mission is so strict its scary. That cant play futbol or drink coke and its just lots of stuff like that. Also they had to do a sacrafice week. where they got up at 4 am studied for 3 hours and left the house at 8 to teach from 8am till 9 at night. which to me is INSAINE. well they did this till a seventy said he couldnt cange mission hours like that. crazy. and this week I got to feel a little of what that could be like. Tuesday and Wednesday we left the house at like 7:30 because we had morning appontments. and man were those days suppppppeerrrr long. and on friday we went to help out a member that lives an hour and a half away, clear some land to  start planting. It was CRAZY I havent been so tired in my mission as I Was this week. Seriously Crazy. And same thing with Sunday. Early mornings to come bring people to church! it was a hard week but lots of mircles and joy were felt as we pushed ourselfs alittle harder! 

On a different note last monday I got to make the queqitos (cupcakes) my mom sent me! And we had so much fun!! Yes we were a bunch of adults decorating cupcakes. and Yes it was the Best Pday ever. haha Thanks mom!!! LOVE you sooooo much! 




Here is are service for the week! WE served from 8 till 5. ALL DAY in the COsta rican Sun which is HOTT!! but it was sooo beautiful. Living in a rain forest is crazy, it seriously rains EVERY DAY. and its so hot and green and just everything grows here. You can throw a seed out a car window and come back in weeks and theres a full plant growing. this country is super furtil! SO basically im a pro mexican at yard work. Learning from the roots. 
heres our fun day and that weird fruit. Totally ate it. and I didnt die so theres that.



Well being a missonary for Jesus means we serve ALL the time and we always offer help to people. But Ticos dont except help much. they have a saying were if you wash your plate or like there dishes you cant come back to the house... soemtimes it scares me when I try to be nice and help clean peoples houses. but the one thing we always help with is BIRTHDAY PARTIES!! and I definatly dont mind. I love it all. it always consists of Queque, Arroz con Pollo, y un fresco. And we get to serve and meet lots of people. WHich is always a good change of pace in the misison. So heres the most recent party! 


oh another note the cute little lady in pick is Hermana Flor. She is a recent convert for our branch and is amazing. She is really poor and has a hard home life. Her daughter lives in the streets and even did drugs when she was pregnent. So Hna Flor is raising her grandchild who is super disobedient. but its not her fault she doenst have a dad and her mom does drugs all the time and only shoes up to sleep and eat all the families food and yell at smanatha (the grandchild). Hermana Flor also had a life of drugs but wanted to change for sam and for Luis her other grandchild that lives with them, But there is alot of contention always in there house. ANd Hermana Flor has gone through some rough times. Everytime we show up at her house we have to pick up the pieces of spirit and faith cause it just gets destroyed by trial after trial after trail. But she is so faithful. always at church onsunday always reading and praying. Im amazed at her faith. But one day we showed up in the middle of a huge fight. lots of things were going down in her house and Hermana Flor was threatining to leave and run away from the family and here we are in the middle of this fight. and I have no idea what to say. ANd they ask you for help like we can tell them what to do. but I have no idea. Ive never been in half of the situations that she has to go through every day. so here we come like can we sing and read the scriptures with you. so we do and the spirit came in so strong. I was completely amazed at the peace and confort that entered the house just after the prayer. I can just seen and hear and feel the love that our heavenly father has for Each of his children. And even more I have witnessed how the scriptures and family prayer can solve any argument. The power of these holy words are incredible. I cant even explain the things I have witnessed. But I can tell you that if you arent reading and praying as a family you are missing out on blessings that every family needs. THer scriptures have power. ANd the spirit that comes from reading them is really and strong enough to heal. THrough the atonment of Jesus Crist we know that All can be forgiven and healed. Every Unfair thing in this world will bemade well again. And he will make up for every hurtful thing we have felt in this life. I know and I testify that he lives. I hope you can all have a great week remembering him and all he has done.

side note
finally in my whole mission I met a man that doesnt belive in God. And what a sad life he had. please never doubt your faith in your loving heavely father. He waits for you always. he knows you. he loves you. he hears and anwsers every prayer. Sometimes the anwser comes later becuase its all in Gods timing. But the anwser always comes. Even if its no. haha 

Hope everyone has a great week! 

PURA VIDA! 
Hermana Freeze 

No comments:

Post a Comment